Why Reid School?
Talented, Skillful, and Responsive Staff
Reid School is a child-centered school. The needs of the individual
child are taken into consideration in the planning and administration of the
school. Each student is placed at his/her appropriate instructional
level in reading, mathematics, and in the sciences which allows each student
to move along a continuum of tasks as quickly as he/she masters the material.
Quality and excellence in teaching and learning are emphasized at Reid School.
Why Reid School is a better choice:
- Teachers provide immediate feedback during instruction.
- Effective communication skills of reading, speaking, and writing are taught.
- High level of student involvement.
- Achievement is greater.
- Provides a positive environment with learning as the primary focus.
- Placement of students in materials is higher.
- Fewer errors are made.
- Increased academically-engaged time is observed.
- Retention of subject matter is longer.
- Teacher expectations are greater.
- Self-esteem increases.
- Challenges all students.
- Students gain pride in what they do.
- Greater delight in learning.
- Children come first and taking time for them is expected.
- Reading is taught through content such as literature and science.
- Caring atmosphere.